Code Blocks is a free and cross platform IDE for C, C++ and Fortran. Code Blocks. You can install Code Blocks in any version of macOS like macOS 10.15 (aka macOS Catalina) or macOS 11.0 (aka macOS Big Sur).
Due to lack of Mac developers, Code Blocks version is not up to date as compared to Windows version but still the last release of Code Blocks still runs on the latest version of macOS.
Here the list of features available in Code Blocks IDE -
- Code Blocks supports multiple compilers like GCC, clang, MSVC++, Borland C++ 5.5 and many more.
- Code Blocks provides a very fast custom build system which supports parallel builds (utilizing your CPU's extra cores)
- Code Blocks debugger provides full breakpoints, display user defined watches, call stacks, cpu registers etc.
- Code Blocks interface supports syntax highlighting for C, C++, Fortran, XML and many more files.
- Code Blocks interface also provides code completion for C and C++.
How to install Code Blocks
Download the latest version Code Blocks for macOS Operating System from here - http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads
'OR' You can also download latest version for macOS directly from following download button if above method doesn't works -
Download Code Blocks
Run the downloaded
.dmgfile to install Code Blocks on macOS.
Follow the setup instructions.
Open Applications folder and run Code Blocks app.
You can watch following video to check how to download and install Code Blocks IDE for Windows -
- C Programming Language Tutorials
- Turbo C++ IDE Shortcuts
- Compile C program with gcc compiler on Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10