Please read Visual Studio 2022 system requirements before installing:
Supported Operating Systems
Visual Studio 2022 is supported on the following 64-bit operating systems:
- Windows 11 version 21H2 or higher: Home, Pro, Pro Education, Pro for Workstations, Enterprise, and Education
- Windows 10 version 1909 or higher: Home, Professional, Education, and Enterprise.
- Windows Server 2022: Standard and Datacenter.
- Windows Server 2019: Standard and Datacenter.
- Windows Server 2016: Standard and Datacenter.
Note - 32-bit and ARM operating systems are not supported.
- 1.8 GHz or faster 64-bit processor. Quad-core or better recommended. ARM processors are not supported.
- Minimum of 4 GB of RAM. 16 GB RAM recommended.
- Windows 365: Minimum 2 vCPU and 8 GB RAM. 4 vCPU and 16 GB of RAM recommended.
- Hard disk space: Minimum of 850 MB up to 210 GB of available space, depending on features installed. Typical installations require 20-50 GB of free space.
- Video card that supports a minimum display resolution of WXGA (1366 by 768). Visual Studio will work best at a resolution of 1920 by 1080 or higher.
Here are the release notes of the latest version.
Download Visual Studio 2022
You can download any of the below editions of Visual Studio 2022 directly from Microsoft servers:
|Version||Web Installer||ISO||Last Update|
|Visual Studio Community 2022||Download||Download||November 9, 2021|
|Visual Studio Professional 2022||Download||Download||November 9, 2021|
|Visual Studio Enterprise 2022||Download||Download||November 9, 2021|
|Visual Studio Community 2022 for macOS||Download||---||November 9, 2021|
Download Visual Studio 2022 ISO
|1||Download the Visual Studio Web Installer executable file from the above links to a drive on your local machine.|
|2||Run Visual Studio setup executable file with the following arguments from a command prompt: For example, if you downloaded the community edition web installer |
|3||Example A: Install all languages
|4||Example B: Install one language
|5||Example C: Install multiple languages
Currently, there is no such direct ISO available at this moment. Only option that we have is just to download the web installer and do a layout to grab the offline installation media.
|pt-BR||Portuguese - Brazil|
|zh-CN||Chinese - Simplified|
|zh-TW||Chinese - Traditional|
Update Visual Studio 2022 Installation Layout
As updates become available for Visual Studio 2022, you can run the
--layout command again, pointing to the same layout folder, to ensure that the folder contains the latest components. Only those components that have been updated since the last time
--layout was run will be downloaded.